About the word “crash”: When reading this changelog, you might be alarmed at the number of fixes for “crashes”. Be aware that when the word “crash” is used here, it refers to “soft crashes” which don’t cause the application to quit. You simply get an error window that asks you if you want to send the crash report to Hardcoded Software. Crashes that cause the application to quit are called “hard crashes” in this changelog.
- From now on, the changelog is going to be a bit more developer-oriented.
- Drop Windows support, maybe temporarily. Details
- Add plugin management view. #451
- Refuse to load moneyguru files with unsupported currencies. #451
- Add “inactive” flag to accounts. #412
- Fix transaction duplication bug on undo. #438
- Fix crash on CSV import [qt]. #440
- Fix debit/credit preference so it’s properly restored on startup. #421
- Fix “Show Account” for transactions having multiple splits to the same account.
- Make all panels instantiate on-the-fly rather than on startup. #434
- Various minor refactorings. See git log.
- Improve build process, notably on OS X. See git log.
- Convert to Qt5.
- Remove dependency on
- Bump Python requirement to 3.4+.
- Add “+” button in the tab bar [Linux, Windows] #424
- Add API for import plugins #420
- Add Russian localization (with documentation!) (Igor Fokusov)
- Improve plugin system by introducing a “core plugins” concept #429
- Improve currency rates fetching by diversifying sources #415
- Improve reliability of automated tests [Windows] #417
- Optimize amount column sizes in single-currency cases [Linux, Windows] #414
- Remember panels position and size [Linux, Windows] #364
- Make Schedule Panel’s stop date field clearable #400
- Fix various UI glitches [Linux, Windows] (#418, #413, #411)
- Fix crash when importing empty files #416
- Make amount fields prettier. Thanks Nelson Brown! [Windows, Linux] (#14 #15)
- In sheets, make totals’ currency explicit when in multi-currency context. #392
- Add “Assign imbalance” button to the Transaction panel. #398
- Fix glitch in sheets expanded nodes restoration. [Mac] #388
- Fix a QIF transaction matching bug.
- Fix account selection glitch causing the account to lose focus. [Windows, Linux]
- Fix IndexError on file switching. [Windows, Linux] #393
- Remove Cashculator integration. It was broken anyway. [Mac]
- Greatly improve developer documentation.
- Minimum OS X version is now Lion (10.7).
- Minimum Windows version is now Windows 7. 64-bit required.
- Minimum Ubuntu version is now 14.04.
- Added support for custom currencies. #33
- Fixed amount parsing bug with currencies with many decimals.
- Fixed cache folder bug causing cached files to be misplaced. [Linux, Windows]
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac OS X.
- Fixed a crash on quit where charts would try to draw themselves after having been freed.
- Improved pie chart drawing. #339
- Improved the date swapping mechanism in the import window. #325
- Improved date format guessing. #324
- Chart sizes are now remembered in between sessions.
- Window frame restoration in between sessions is now document-based. #345
- Display all transactions in “All Transactions” date range even when they go beyond the “Ahead Months” preference. #322
- Modified schedule spawns are now directly materialized. #317
- Added support for the Saudi riyal (SAR). #334
- Fixed crash on currency rates fetching. #341
- Fixed amount mis-parsings. #336
- Made various minor UI improvements. [Linux, Windows] #346
- Fixed a crash on New Document. [Linux, Windows] #331
- Fixed crash on startup due to corrupted preferences. [Linux] #343
- Fixed a bug where the “Balance” column visibility in the Account view would become glitchy. #347
- Fixed a conflict between automatic document re-opening and OS X Lion’s restoration feature. [Mac]
- The minimum version for Ubuntu is now 12.04. [Linux]
- Fixed sorting inconsistency in transaction tables when schedule spawns were involved. #328
- Fixed “Previous Balance” entries which ignored budget entries. #333
- Fixed a bug in account graphs where budgeted data was mistakely ignored if the account was excluded. #332
- Fixed visual glitch in balance graphs. [Windows, Linux] #330
- Fixed a net worth view refresh glitch on “New Document”. [Windows, Linux]
- Fixed hard crashes on closing the main window under 10.6. [Mac OS X] #306
- Fixed filter field which disappeared under 10.6. [Mac OS X] #310
- Fixed pie chart printing. [Mac OS X] #308
- Fixed hard crash in the Cashculator tab. [Mac OS X] #307
- Fixed a bug causing tables to be unstable when changing the filter while editing them. #309
- Fixed languages packaging. [Windows, Linux]
- Fixed crashes in split table editing and document properties. [Windows, Linux]
- Plugins! moneyGuru’s capabilities can now be expanded through Python plugins.
- Graphs and charts can now be resized. #105
- Improved pie charts by giving them a dyamic number of slices depending on chart size. #277
- Added a “Modification Time” column in the transactions tab. #305
- Improve schedules and spawn editing mechanisms. #262
- Improved accessibility. (#300 #301)
- Fixed a bug in QIF imports where splits were sometimes not imported. #290
- Fixed selection glitch on tab swapping. #252
- Fixed a checkbox-unchecking glitch in the import window. [Windows, Linux] #289
- Re-added mass editing dialog labels which went missing in v.2.4.0. [Windows, Linux] #292
- Fixed a bug where the autosave interval preference wouldn’t be kept in between sessions. [Windows, Linux] #291
- Fixed mixup in schedule table column titles. #294
- Fixed a crash on clicking the cancel button in dialogs. [Windows, Linux] #296
- Fixed a “ghost account” issue. #295
- Added Dutch localization by Arnold Huzen.
- Fixed nasty crashes introduced in 2.4.0.
- Added a document properties tab. #240
- Redesigned visibility options. #182
- Allow targeted transaction searches. #276
- Added the ability to select multiple accounts. #55
- Added the ability to export a specific date range. #201
- Remember size and position of the import window. #238
- Improved the Ahead Months option. #272
- Added support for Nicaraguan Cordobas. #268
- Improved OS X Lion compatibility. [Mac OS X] #286
- Added Czech localization by Aleš Nehyba.
- Fixed a crash on importing empty QIF files. #263
- Fixed a layout glitch in the transaction panel. [Windows, Linux] #255
- Correctly show the selected transaction when jumping to an account. [Windows, Linux] #258
- Fixed Y-Axis scaling in graphs for negative values. #257
- Fixed crashes after tab re-ordering. [Mac OS X] #264
- Global date change on schedule spawns now work correctly. #261
- Fixed crash on startup under certain regional settings. [Windows, Linux] #250
- Added date format preference. [Windows, Linux] #256
- Added the path of the current document in title bar. [Windows, Linux] #259
- Fixed a crash on closing tabs. [Windows, Linux] #245
- Fixed a crash on restoring opened tabs on startup. [Windows, Linux] #244
- Fixed a crash on moving columns in the split table. [Mac OS X] #241
- Fixed a bug in the saving of a new document that could cause data loss. [Windows, Linux] #247
- Fixed a bug where the filename of a saved document wouldn’t have the correct extension. [Windows, Linux] #248
- Fixed a selection glitch on creating a new transaction. [Windows, Linux] #249
- Improved the french translation. #243
- Localized to italian (by Roberto Padovani).
- Improved french localization.
- Fixed bug where transaction editing was messed up after moving the Date column. [Mac OS X] #235
- Fixed truncated text in account re-assign dialog. [Linux] #234
- Fixed crash on entering a division by zero as an amount. #229
- Fixed erroneous automatic de-reconciliation on transaction editing. #237
- Fixed crash when launching moneyGuru from a very long folder name. [Mac OS X]
- Fixed a crash on CSV exports. #200
- Improved QIF imports compatibility.
- Added QFX to the list of files importable by double-clicking. [Mac OS X]
Improved exports by allowing account selection and by supporting CSV exports. #162
Introduced document-based preferences (for column widths/position and opened tabs). #191
- When the Year to date range is selected, the “Last” column in Profit & Loss now shows YTD
values for last year rather than showing the value for the whole year. #188
- During CSV imports, allow more than one column to be selected for Description and Payee. When
that happens, these columns will be merged. #198
- Selected table rows can be copied so that they can be quickly pasted in applications like
Numbers. [Mac OS X] #24
- It’s now possible to associate OFX, QIF and CSV file extensions to moneyGuru so it’s possible
to quickly import them by double-clicking on them. [Mac OS X] #194
- Added the General Ledger view. #134
- Improved printing. (#140, #141, #143 and #173)
- Correctly imports UTF-8 encoded CSV files. #177
- Improved graphs readability by drawing overlay axis lines. #178
- Improved the date input widget by adding a “T” shortcut to set the date to today. #174
- Display a value in the “Change %” column even if the start value is negative. #176
- Fixed columns which were mistakenly editable. (#179, #180, #181)
- Added Cashculator integration. [Mac OS X] #159
- Improved reconciliation for cases where reconciliation date is different from transaction date. #155
- Optionally display Debit/Credit columns instead of Increase/Decrease in Account tabs. #80
- Show Payee column in two-sided import table. #157
- Added a note field for accounts. #142
- Balance graphs now have a relative Y axis. #160
- Account exclusion keybinding changed to avoid accidental (and confusing) account exclusion. #163
- Views are now managed through tabs.
- Added French and German localizations.
- Sped up core operations.
- Fixed imports of some malformed QIF files. #153
- Fixed a bug causing moneyGuru to save invalid files if importing files with invalid characters.
- Fixed a crash on currency mass editing. #151
- Added support for UAH, LTL and BBD currencies.
- Fixed a glitch in the currency system sometimes causing exchange rates to be wrong.
- Added lookup lists for completable edit. [Mac OS X] #98
- Added a lookup list for quick account jumping. #118
- Added an option for auto decimal places when typing amounts. #116
- It’s now possible to save custom date range for quick invocation later. #115
- Added a total row to tables in Account and Transactions view. #136
- Added a Notes field for transactions. #19
- The totals label in Account and Transactions view now show totals for selected transactions. #130
- Fixed a crash on CSV import. #144
- Fixed crashes during CSV import. (#125 and #126)
- Fixed bug with auto-updating sometimes preventing relaunching to work. [Mac OS X] #124
- moneyGuru is now 64-bit on Mac OS X!
- Fixed a bug causing the totals labels in Account and Transaction to not always refresh themselves. #117
- Fixed crash when attempting to read currency preferences on some systems. [Mac OS X] #119
- Remember if the window was maximized and restore that state on launch. [Windows] #111
- Allow tables’ column sorting to be modified. #48
- Added the “All Transactions” date range. #52
- Added account jump arrows to Transaction and Account views. #56
- Added the “Account #” field to accounts. #81
- Significantly changed the way reconciliation works. #99
- It’s now possible to manually rescan a CSV file with a specific field delimiter. #72
- Added a transaction duplication feature. #83
- Improved pie charts legend placing. #34
- Allow multiple selection in the import window. #47
- Allow operation cancellation in schedule scoping dialog. #82
- Fixed a crash in CSV options dialog. #107
- Dropped OS X Tiger support.
- Fixed a bug with QIF import causing some transfer transactions to be duplicated. #54
- Fixed a bug with transaction drag & drop re-ordering where the transactions would be placed wrongly. #94
- Fixed a bug in moneyGuru files import where account in groups would not be imported. #96
- Fixed a crash in csv imports when the layout would be too “wide” for the imported file. #97
- Fixed a mislabeling of the “New Item” menu item for Schedules and Budgets. [OS X] #102
- Fixed a bug in auto-completion where typed-text would always be made lowercase. [Windows] #103
- Fixed nasty table edition glitches. [Windows] #100
Published the Windows version of moneyGuru... at last!
- Fixed a crash during import undo. #84
- Fixed a bug causing yearly date ranges not starting in January to go wrong after transaction edition. #88
- Changed yearly date range descriptions so that they explicitly show start/end months. #88
- Fixed a bug preventing certain scheduled transaction spawns from being deleted. #87
- Added Increase and Decrease column types in the CSV import dialog. #9
- Fixed a glitch causing the Target Account selector to be flaky in the CSV import dialog. #71
- Fixed crashes with the newly re-enabled arrow based shortcuts. #70
- Fixed a bug causing scheduled transactions not to be counted in budgets. #69
- Fixed bugs preventing some CSV files to be imported. #65
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing preferences not to be saved. #62
- Fixed crashes happening during edition in Net Worth and Profit & Loss sheets. #66
- Fixed crashes happening on startup due to corrupted preferences. #63
- Re-enabled arrow based shortcuts (they don’t conflict with text based ones anymore). #59
- Fixed a bug which prevented moneyGuru from loading files with target-less budgets.
- Fixed a bug preventing schedules’ splits from being edited.
- Revamped the budget system, giving it much more flexibility. #2
- Added views to manage Schedules and Budgets. #3
- Memo fields in splits are now included in the search process. #46
- It’s now possible to search the Account view. #5
- Added a preference to indicate when your fiscal year starts (for Year and Year-to-date ranges). #7
- Added a Budgeted column in the Net Worth and Profit & Loss views. #4
- Added an Auto-Save preference. #1
- Tweaked the view and date range navigation shortcuts so they don’t interfere with the OS X text navigation ones. #59
- Tweaked auto-completion. #6
- Fixed a crash in date range navigation. #8
- Fixed a bug preventing certain CSV files from being imported.
- Fixed inaccuracies in some currencies’ conversion process.
- Fixed a couple of interface glitches.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.5.5 which made moneyGuru choke on certain preferences.
- Fixed a bug where changing the date range while editing a transaction would sometimes cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug preventing some CSV files from being imported.
- Fixed a crash sometimes happening when using the Filter field.
- Fixed a few GUI glitches
- Added a “Description <–> Payee” switch in the import window.
- Improved the CSV import layout system by removing some glitches.
- Fixed an exception triggered by totals line with some specific configurations.
- Fixed incompatibilities with systems having some Accessibility features turned on.
Added printing support.
- Added a target account selector in the CSV options panel, making it possible to save it in
Added a Multi-Currency Balance button in the Transaction Info panel.
Account deletion prompts for a transaction re-assignment before it happens.
Date swapping in the Import Window can now be applied on all accounts at once.
The search box allows “account:” and “group:” search types.
The position of the date range is remembered between sessions, not just its scope.
Added a statistics line in the filter bar in the Transactions and Account panels.
- When an edition to a transaction will cause it to go out of the date range, an icon shows up
as an indicator of that fact.
Improved date format guessing during CSV import.
Added the “Reconciled” and “Not Reconciled” filters.
Changed the “Income” and “Expense” filters in the Account view to “Increase” and “Decrease”.
- Made a round of speed optimization. File loading and Net Worth / Profit calculations are now
Fixed an exception happening when pressing the delete key in the Import Window.
Fixed an exception occasionally happening during split edition.
Fixed an exception occasionally happening during transaction deletion.
Fixed a crash on startup when the currency cache database was corrupted.
Fixed a bug where it was impossible to import transactions with a future date.
- Fixed a bug where graph labels on the X axis would sometimes be wrong under a custom date
- Fixed a few crashes.
- Fixed en encoding issue with CSV imports.
- Fixed a bug in the account info panel.
- Fixed a column visibility bug on Tiger.
- Fixed glitches in the CSV options dialog.
- Fixed a display glitch with the date range control.
- Fixed a bug in the account info panel.
- Added CSV imports.
- Added a Running year date range.
- Added a Custom date range.
- Added a preference to disable reconciliation warnings.
- Improved the way pie charts look.
- Account exclusion states are now remembered between sessions.
- Fixed a budget calculation crash.
- Fixed a bug where some scheduled transactions wouldn’t show up after a reload.
- Improved QIF imports.
- Improved QIF exports.
- Improved QIF imports.
Added a “Year to date” date range.
Added a Today shortcut for date range navigation.
Improved graphs so they clearly distinguish between past data and future data.
- Improved the reconciliation warning so it gives the option to continue the action without
Fixed a pie chart inaccuracy in multiple currencies contexts.
Fixed a bug causing scheduled transaction not to show up in searches.
The selected date range type is now remembered between sessions.
- Added support for the Egyptian pound.
- Fixed a bug causing moneyGuru to not start at all on systems with an unusual date format.
- Improved QIF imports.
- Added support for the Bahraini dinar.
- Fixed an autofill glitch.
- The native currency now falls back to USD if the system currency is not supported.
- Added scheduled transactions.
- Added a font size preference for tables and sheets.
- Improved weekly bar chart by completing the bars over the date range limits.
- Columns position and width are now remembered between sessions.
- Fixed an issue with Export to QIF.
- Fixed an amount formatting issue.
- Fixed an issue with completion in the split table.
- Fixed issues with the Transaction Info panel.
- Fixed issues with the pie charts.
- Improved OFX imports.
- Fixed an occasional crash when undoing.
- Added assets, liabilities, income and expenses pie charts.
- Added the ability to exclude accounts from totals and charts.
- Added Income, Expenses and Transfers filters in the Transactions and Account views.
- Added view options for charts.
- Improved OFX imports.
- Fixed a crash sometimes happening when editing dates.
- Added “Last”, “Delta $” and “Delta %” to the income statement columns.
- Improved QIF import (again, yeah).
- Improved QIF import.
- Fixed error sometimes happening when column visibility was toggled.
Added “Delta $” and “Delta %” to the balance sheet columns.
Added a View Options panel for transactions and balance sheet columns.
Documents now remember their main window position and size.
- Improved net worth chart computation speed. With a lot of transactions in the current date
range, it could get rather long to compute.
- Improved QIF import/export.
- Initial release