2019's news archive
2019-06-09 -- Archive mode (link)
This site is going into archive mode. It hasn't been active in the last few years, but as of yesterday, I stopped maintaining moneyGuru entirely and hosting it was the last purpose of this website.
Maybe I'll write a last article about why I think modern technology is on course for collapse, but I'm not sure it would be useful. Googling "modern technology collapse" already yield interesting results, I'm not sure yet whether I have something interesting to add to this.
2019-05-20 -- moneyGuru 3.0.1 released (link)
2019-03-27 -- moneyGuru 3.0.0 released (link)
The goal of this release is to strip what I see as cruft, weight that impairs further development, namely, budgets and plugins. They were both too heavy for the value they brought in. Removing them cleans the code a lot.
Otherwise, the rewrite to C continues agressively, all major core elements now implemented in C, the latest addition being scheduling logic (see why I wanted to remove budgets first?).
- Minimum python requirement is now v3.5+
- Remove budgets. #391
- Remove plugin system. #401
- Continue C rewrite started in v2.12 further.
- Simplify GUI signalling system ("de-notification").
- Make autosave trigger each X steps instead of X minutes.
- Remove example file.
- Make import window modal (one import operation at a time).
- Add "Match entries by date/amount" in import window. #493
- Fix application icon by properly expanding parameter in sed. #507
- Add "All files" filter to import's open file dialog. #508
- Fix amount parsing ambiguity between thousands and decimal seps. #422
- Files saved with moneyGuru v3+ can't be read in earlier versions. Files saved with moneyGuru v2+ can be read correctly by moneyGuru v3.