2015's news archive
2015-12-24 -- moneyGuru 2.9.4 released (link)
2015-11-01 -- Windows maintainers wanted (link)
The last time I used Windows "for real" was more than 10 years ago, in 2005. Since then, the only times I've ever used Windows was for building executables or for testing purposes. With time, it grew more and more foreign to me and I came to hate it.
I hate Windows with passion now. It seems to get everything backwards. I came to dread having to launch my Windows VM.
So, why bother with Windows at all? Because many dupeGuru and moneyGuru users are also Windows users and I don't want to abandon them.
But now, we're in a situation where Windows 10 was released and I haven't tried it yet. I see reports of dupeGuru not working well on it and I really, really don't want to start debugging dupeGuru on Windows 10.
Someone else needs to take care of that. My plan is to phase out Windows support in the next feature releases of dupeGuru and moneyGuru, with a note pointing to this message. Old Windows builds will still be available, just not for the latest releases. With some luck, someone will step up. Without some luck, I'll strip Windows support from the code two feature releases from now.
If you're a developer using Windows and are interested in stepping up, your presence is very much welcome! Please refer to the Contribute page for details.
2015-07-09 -- moneyGuru 2.9.2 released (link)
2015-07-06 -- moneyGuru 2.9.1 released (link)
2015-07-01 -- moneyGuru 2.9.0 released (link)
- Add "+" button in the tab bar [Linux, Windows] #424
- Add API for import plugins #420
- Add Russian localization (with documentation!) (Igor Fokusov)
- Improve plugin system by introducing a "core plugins" concept #429
- Improve currency rates fetching by diversifying sources #415
- Improve reliability of automated tests [Windows] #417
- Optimize amount column sizes in single-currency cases [Linux, Windows] #414
- Remember panels position and size [Linux, Windows] #364
- Make Schedule Panel's stop date field clearable #400
- Fix various UI glitches [Linux, Windows] (#418, #413, #411)
- Fix crash when importing empty files #416
2015-06-02 -- New Bootstrap style (link)
The website now has a Bootstrap style. I have been tired of having an ugly webite for a while and now was the time to go for it. Sure, it has a bit less... personality, but it's so less ugly!