2007's news archive
2007-11-22 -- dupeGuru 2.5.1 released (link)
- Added the "Remove empty folders" option.
- Fixed results load/save issues.
- Fixed occasional status bar inaccuracies when the results are filtered.
2007-09-22 -- Mobile Virgil and resumed development (link)
From February to September, I was in Portland (Maine, USA) working full time for another company, which unfortunately greatly reduced my available development hours at Hardcoded Software.
This era is over, and a new one begins: Mobile Virgil :) I took a flight to Vienna (Austria) on the 20th and my plan is to go around Europe (mostly Poland, if it goes as planned). Although I don't plan to work as much as I did in 2006, I will still have much more time for Hardcoded Software than I did in the last 8 months. My to-do list has gotten rather large in these months and I hope to reduce it to nothing shortly.
2007-09-15 -- dupeGuru 2.5.0 released (link)
- Added post scan filtering.
- Fixed issues with the rename feature under Windows
- Fixed some user interface annoyances under Windows
2007-07-01 -- Post-scan filtering (link)
I just released dupeGuru Music Edition 5.3.0 with a new feature: Post-scan filtering. With post-scan filtering, you can easily weed out duplicates like live and remix versions of your songs.
2007-04-14 -- dupeGuru 2.4.8 released (link)
- Improved UI responsiveness (using threads) under Mac OS X.
- Improved result load/save speed and memory usage.
2007-03-10 -- dupeGuru 2.4.7 released (link)
- Fixed a "bad file descriptor" error occasionally popping up.
- Fixed a bug with non-latin directory names.
2007-03-04 -- Vista and dupeGuru PE (link)
I bought Windows Vista and I'm testing my applications on it. It runs without a hitch so far.
I'm preparing a big update for dupeGuru PE. It is going to use native picture handlers (Core Image on OS X and .NET Image class on Windows) instead of PIL. It will result in a dramatically faster scan. As a bonus, RAW images will be supported on OS X!
2007-02-10 -- dupeGuru 2.4.6 released (link)
- Added Re-orderable columns. In fact, I re-added the feature which was lost in the C# conversion in 2.4.0 (Windows).
- Changed the behavior of the scanning engine when setting the hardness to 100. It will now only match files that have their words in the same order.
- Fixed a bug with all the Delete/Move/Copy actions with certain kinds of files.
2007-01-11 -- dupeGuru 2.4.5 released (link)
- Fixed a bug with the Move action.
2007-01-07 -- dupeGuru 2.4.4 released (link)
- Fixed a "ghosting" bug. Dupes deleted by dupeGuru would sometimes come back in subsequent scans (Windows).
- Fixed bugs sometimes making dupeGuru crash when marking a dupe (Windows).
- Fixed some minor visual glitches (Windows).